Note: This information is for authors published on the main Kaylie Jones Books imprint. Oddities authors should refer to the Oddities Fact Sheet for event protocols.
- Akashic will book and promote one launch event and will nominate authors to select festivals.
- Kaylie Jones Books and Authors on the imprint are responsible for booking any further events or pitching additional festivals.
- Akashic will support events with listings and hard-copy promotion to area print and broadcast media if given at least eight weeks notice with all details in place. We suggest booking events four months in advance.
- Akashic requests that Kaylie Jones Books and/or Author provide us event details (i.e., venue, time, participating authos, etc.) as soon as the event is booked.
- Events Held at Bookstores: Akashic will make sure books are available for sale at all KJB-arranged events when the events are held in bookstores and we are given at least four weeks notice. We can’t guarantee books will arrive on time without four weeks notice.
- Offsite/non-bookstore events: KJB and Authors are responsible for arranging book sales at events NOT held at bookstores by purchasing copies for resale from Akashic at contributor rate. Please give us at least four weeks notice to get your books on time.
- KJB authors are encouraged to keep a carton of their books in their trunk while on your.